There have been online casinos in USA since 2019, but there are also land casinos. We show you the best casinos from USA with license, either A concession or B. Find out the difference and the best here Casino tricks. Use these tips for your first visit to the casino. Have fun with it!
Concession A and B - what's the difference?
In USA there are currently 21 licensed casinos with either an A or B license. 8 casinos have the A license and 13 have the B license. We'll briefly explain the difference between the commissions.
As a rule, those who have the A license do not have to adhere to restrictions. At B casinos, the maximum stake per game must not exceed $ 25. In addition, the location canton can levy a cantonal levy on gross player revenues. In any case, this does not apply to online casinos.
All licensees must offer fair games that are transparent and secure. Player protection comes first, so there must also be checks on the Money Laundering Act and in the event of anomalies there may be checks on the part of the player. For example, where the casino asks for a receipt.
Map of the land-based casinos in USA:Casinos A:
- Grand Casino Baden
- Grand Casino Bern
- Grand Casino Basel
- US Casinos St. Gallen
- Grand Casino Lucerne
- US Casinos Zurich
- Casino Barrieré de Montreux
- Casino Lugano
- Casino St. Moritz
- Casino Admiral Mendrisio
- Casino Bad Ragaz
- Casino Davos
- Casino Barrier de Friborg
- Casino Interlaken
- Casino Barrier de Courrendlin
- Casino Locarno
- Casino du Lac Meyrin
- Casino Crans-Montana
- Casino Neuchatel
- US Casinos Schaffhausen
- US Casinos Pfäffikon-Lake Zurich
The 21 US casinos at a glance
In the next section we would like to briefly introduce you to the 21 casinos in USA. You have already found out above which license the providers have. Now we will show you what you will experience in the individual casinos and what advantages they offer you:
Important information for your first visit to the casino
- If you want to visit a casino, you should check the website in advance to see whether the casino in question is currently open. As a result of the measures, opening times can change again and again. If you come from abroad, inform yourself promptly so that you do not stand in front of closed gates.
- It is important that you bring your ID with you because it is checked at the entrance and sometimes scanned in. In USA, players aged 18 and over are allowed to play in the casino. This can be determined by a passport, driver's license or ID card. If you have already been banned in another casino, you are no longer allowed to play in another casino. The casinos watch players and ask for a conversation if necessary.
- The dress code is casual in most US casinos. But this does not mean that you can come in ripped jeans. Shorts are often frowned upon, as are sleeveless shirts and shirts. In some casinos you can wear shorts in midsummer. The best thing to do is take a look at the website and search for the point "Dresscode". If you are unsure, contact the staff or give the casino a call. They will be happy to advise you. Large bags, rucksacks, umbrellas and jackets can be left in the cloakroom. With some you can even borrow an outfit if you don't match the dress code.
- Use the online casinos to learn the table games. You should already know the rules by the time you visit a casino so as not to slow down the operation. For beginners there are sometimes events and guided tours where you can learn the most important rules. Use this opportunity to grapple with the games. You will also get to know new games in this way.
- If you come by car, you should find out in advance whether there is enough parking space. Sometimes you can park at the casino for a fee. It is cheaper to park your car nearby. Parking garages at train stations are also sometimes cheaper. You want a VIP service? At some casinos you can drive to the entrance and an employee will park your car for a fee.
- Most casinos are open Monday through Sunday. From Thursday to Sunday, the casino days take place badly. If you want to eat here, make a reservation. In addition, parking spaces are often rare. Some casinos are open until 5:00 in the morning. You can usually only take part in table games from the late afternoon onwards. But this also depends on the casino in question.
- Some casinos in USA are free, but with some you pay an entrance fee. The average is $ 10. You can often exchange admission for chips or drinks. Outside bars and restaurants can be visited without admission. There is also usually no ID check there.
- In most casinos you will find the classic games such as roulette, blackjack and poker. There are also slot machines and jackpots. Sometimes more sometimes less. You can find out more about the games in our test reports so that you can find out more in advance. We also advise you to take a look at the official websites. There you can get useful information.
- If you would like to take photos, you should find out in advance whether this is allowed. In the table game area it is forbidden in most cases. In the slot machine sector it is often tolerated, but not always. Under no circumstances should you photograph strangers who feel annoyed by it. If in doubt, ask an employee whether you can immortalize your pretty friend in the photo. Cell phones are hardly noticeable, and you should leave your SLR camera at home.
- Telephoning is not welcomed in the casino. If you have to, then in a place where nobody will bother you. Please not next to the poker table. Generally speaking, you may seldom make phone calls during table games. Use the hallway or terrace when it really matters. The best thing to do is to switch off your smartphone and enjoy the evening. After all, such a casino day should be a special experience.
Everyone is allowed to play in a US casino?
In the country casinos, guests from all countries are allowed to play if they can identify themselves. Provided that visitors are at least 18 years old and have not been banned from any casino. Attention: Only customers from USA who have an address in USA are allowed to register in the online casino. Foreign players are unfortunately not welcome on the web.
What happens when you visit the casino for the first time?
At most casinos in USA it is common for the ID to be scanned. A player account will be set up for you, which will remain in effect until you have it blocked or it expires after a certain period of time. Make sure you bring your ID with you, even if you are already registered. Anyone who is banned from one US casino may no longer play in another.
Do you have to pay taxes on winnings from the casino in USA??
Winnings made in a US casino are tax-free. However, this only applies to the land-based casinos. If you play in an online casino, the tax-free amount is $ 1 million. Since each canton collects different levels of taxes, we cannot tell you anything more about this. According to the federal tax administration, the organizer has to pay a withholding tax of 35%. If you win big, the staff will certainly help you and advise you on which rules to follow. A tax advisor can also help if anything is unclear.
Are there US licenses also for foreign online casinos?
So far, licenses have only been granted to domestic casinos that already operate land-based casinos. 21 have decided to also offer something online. There are some providers who can get one .ch domain and send your offer to US. Without a license it's a gray area. For your own safety, you should always play in your own country. Mainly because you get support in the event of a problem.